Sharavogue is a three-storey Victorian building, built around 1870. The existing building is a protected structure currently used as a school and crèche for children of ages 6 months to 10 years. It was in need of a major restructuring of its infrastructure to comply with current and future regulations and additional space to meet the growing demand for places. The new extension would add 572 sqm to the 685 sqm of the existing house and provide additional accommodation as well as a new General Purpose Room for the School and After-School events.
The removal of unsatisfactory recent structures and the reinstatement of as much as possible the original plan form of Sharavogue House was also included.